Save Water Save Earth Save Life

Friends, RCPM is coming with a new project on Water Saving by using Aerators

Your small action will save thousands of liters of water per year. A small device attached to taps saves up to 70% water without compromising the water pressure. Rotary is contributing 70% of the cost & the users would have to pay the remaining 30%. One family can save up to 40 liters per day and 14,500 liters per year. This will also result in saving electricity required for lifting water to overhead tanks.

Rotary Pune district has taken upon itself a project “Save Water, Save Earth” with a target of saving ONE CRORE liters of water in 2021-22 by providing simple device, Aerators.
RCPM will be taking this project. Every month we will tap two big housing societies in & around Pune. Rotary Club of Pune Metro has taken initiative of taking this project forward. PP Rtn Madhav Tilgulkar is the convener and PP Rtn Dileep and Ann Radhika Keskar are the co-conveners.

Cost of each piece is more than Rs.100/- but Rotary will absorb bulk of the cost and will provide them at Rs 33/- to the society. These aerators are easy to fit into home taps. If fitted in 3 taps in one flat, one family can save 40 liters of water per day, i.e. over 14500 liters per year. Thus every family can help to save water by fitting Aerators in home taps. Water is a scarce resource; an ever growing Pune often faces water shortages.

For a housing society with 100 flats or more, use of aerators can result in big savings in water consumption as well as in costs of buying tankers, pumping cost etc. especially if they need tankers to supplement their daily needs.

RCPM Handed over Aerators to Shirin Garden Society’s Managing Committee and Anjor Cooperative Housing Society’s Managing Committee, on 8th August 2021. 

Rtn Madhav Tilgulkar, Convenor, Save Water – Save Earth Project

RCPM Silver Jubilee Logo

Rtn Makarand Phadke

President 2020-21

(M) 9987029981
Email: president.rcpm@gmail.com

 

Rtn Vivek Kulkarni

Secretary 2020-21

(M) 9823290692
vivekkulkarni2015@gmail.com