“Staying positive in covid”
by PDG Dr Shailesh Palekar
2nd weekly meeting of RCPuneMetro was conducted online on 9th July. Past District Governor of Rotary District 3131, Rtn. Dr. Shailesh Palekar spoke about how to effectively deal with the current Covid pandemic by implementing preventive measures for physical health and for mental wellbeing.
- Remain “Stress Free” Watch comedy serials, play with your kids and pets, watch old photographs, play with friends on online platforms, nurture your hobbies….
- Avoid Negativity
- Stay away from social media and news channels talking about Covid all the time.
- Immunity Boosters: drumsticks, coconut water with lemon, red cabbage etc. good eating habits, hygiene, proper hydration
- Important aspects: adequate rest, exercise, yoga, meditation, pranayam, showing gratitude and love.
- Concentrate on positive effects of covid like increasing knowledge levels, online education, current investment opportunities, time to analyze yourself, do your swot analysis.
Being a true Rotarian Dr Shailesh also suggested the ways Rotarians can contribute for the well being of the society despite the situation.
*Final Take Home: Health comes first, then your family, and then business!!!
About 100 viewers attended this interesting and informative talk.
Number of participants from RCPuneMetro’s MCOE Rotaract club also attended and interacted during the meeting.
PP Rtn Anil joshi introduced PDG Dr Palekar and Rtn Dr Varsha Bapat extended vote of thanks.
– Madhavi Kulkarni