‘Rural Education the E-way ‘ by Dr Madhav Sathe
Dr Madhav Sathe an Anaesthesiologist by profession presented his novel concept of Human nursery in weekly meeting of RCPuneMetro. His contribution in Rural development program in 92 villages have transformed communities with interventions in Health, Hygiene, Education, Vocational training and meaningful environment. Dr.Sathe explained how his Rural education interventions helped transform the delivery of education in 280 rural Government Schools. His futuristic approach, logical decision making and honesty are strongest points that helped him do so.
- Dr.Sathe worked on bottom perceptions, rural children needed someone to believe in them. When Struck with internet problems he with the help of Rotary program installed e-learning systems in 344 ZP schools.
- His efforts reflect in parents aspiring for higher education in their children.
- He made PPP program popular as in public, philanthropy, and person .
- When there was electricity problem with e-learning program he used idea of solar project With the help of IIT graduates cut costing and all were made in India.
- Use of Gram Sabha resources and local manpower helped success rate of projects go higher.
- Use of self help groups for computer education. Use of Alexa as information teacher , use of internships for learning while earning are few of his novel ideas.
- Working in Science with the help of computers, solar power and tinkering labs and mobile computer training labs has been an invention out of necessity.
- Many interventions explained by him like low cost, innovative, replicable and scalable models have potential to change rural education. His experiences enlightened us all.
The introduction of the speaker was given by Rtn Anil Joshi and vote of thanks proposed by Ann Vaidehi Jog. President Makarand Phadke welcomed the speaker Dr Madhav Sathe . As many as 110 people attended this event.
– Ann Vaidehi Jog